The Internet offers the chance to collect information about site users. This information can be personally identifiable information or aggregated information. However, your privacy is important to us at TalentPoint, and we want to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way we collect information and the use of that information. This policy tells you what information we collect, what we do with it, and your rights to view, correct, or change it.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
TalentPoint operates this website. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
1. Personally identifiable information — this is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services are email newsletters or competitions. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
2. Aggregated data — this information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
WHO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH
TalentPoint is serious about protecting your privacy. We use information collected for the sole purpose of matching the right candidate with the right job. Information sent to us via the registration form or job application form is secure and all required information is kept in-house and not shared with third parties.
WHAT ELSE WE DO WITH THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site
- To help provide any other services that you have requested
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Firefox), and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
- Allow you to enter certain member services without having to log in each time you visit
CAN WE CHANGE THIS POLICY?
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
The New Zealand Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct this information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact PO Box 106 339, Auckland, 1143, New Zealand.
Brent White, General Manager of Managed Services, Fujitsu New Zealand